Hoard of the Dragon Queen
Fargrim the defender [CHRIS]
Male Dwarf Noble Paladin
Strength 18 (2)
Intelligence 12 (0)
Charisma 13 (+1)
Height: 4’ 8"
Weight: 210 lb
Hair: Was Brown Straight, now Bald on top; Thick Beard / Hirsute
Maximum Hit Points: 12
Speed: 25 feet
Armor Class: 18 = 10 + 6 [chain mail] + 2 [steel shield]
Proficiency bonus: +2
Initiative modifier: -2 = -2 [dexterity]
Attack (handheld / thrown): + 6 = + 2 [proficiency] + 4 [strength]
Attack (missile / finesse): + 0 = + 2 [proficiency] -2 [dexterity]
Strength save: + 4 = + 4 [strength]
Dexterity save: -2 = 4 [strength]
Constitution save: + 2 = + 2 [constitution]
Intelligence save: + 1 = + 1 [intelligence]
Wisdom save: + 2 = + 2 [proficiency]
Charisma save: + 3 = + 2 [proficiency] + 1 [charisma]
Insight (passive): 12 (17 with advantage)
Perception (passive): 10 (15 with advantage)
Carry: 270 lb maximum
For groups using the optional encumberance rules:
If carrying more than 90 lb, encumbered: -10 on speed
If carrying more than 180 lb, heavily encumbered: -20 on speed, disadvantage on ability checks, attack rolls, and saves involving strength, constitution, and/or dexterity
Dwarf armor does not count for calculating encumberance.
Languages: Common Deep Speech Dwarvish
Unarmed strike 4 bludgeoning]
5 Javelins [+0 to hit; 1d6-2 piercing, 4 lb, thrown (range 30/120)]
Mace 4 bludgeoning, 4 lb]
Longsword 4 slashing, 4 lb, versatile (1d10 slashing)]
Chain mail [heavy; + 6 AC; max dex + 0; stealth disadvantage; 55 lb.]
Steel Shield [+2 AC; 6 lb.]
| Skill Name | Key Ability | Skill Modifier | Ability Modifier | Trained? | Misc. Modifier |
| Acrobatics | Dex | -2 | -2 | | |
| Animal Handling | Wis | 0 | +0 |
| Arcana | Int | 1 | +1 | | |
| Athletics | Str | 4 | +4 | | |
| Deception | Cha | 1 | +1 | | |
| History | Int | 3 | +1 | + 2 | |
| Insight | Wis | 2 | +0 | + 2 | |
| Intimidation | Cha | 1 | +1 | | |
| Investigation | Int | 1 | +1 | | |
| Medicin | Wis | 2 | +0 | + 2 | |
| Nature | Int | 1 | +1 | | |
| Perception | Wis | 0 | +0 | | |
| Performance | Cha | 1 | +1 | | |
| Persuasion | Cha | 3 | +1 | + 2 | |
| Religion | Int | 1 | +1 | | |
| Sleight of Hand | Dex | -2 | -2 | | |
| Stealth | Dex | -2 | -2 | | |
| Survival | Wis | 0 | +0 | | |
Fargrim is proficient:
Check any games with which Fargrim is proficient:
Check any other tools with which Fargrim is proficient:
Ride a mount
- Dwarves receive +2 constitution (already included).
- Can move 25 feet even if in heavy armor
- Darkvision (see 60 feet black-and-white in pitch-dark)
- Dwarven resilience: Advantage on saving throws against poison, and resistance against poison damage
- Tool proficiency: This dwarf chose proficiency as a brewer.
- Stonecunning (always proficient with double the proficiency bonus on history checks related to stonework; cannot become lost underground)
Mountain Dwarf (subrace)
- Mountain Dwarves receive +2 strength (already included).
- Armor Mastery: Proficiency with light and medium armor.
- You are from a prominent family, or perhaps a knight. Rank has some privileges.
- You are proficient in riding a horse.
- One extra language of your choice (already included).
- Proficient in riding a mount.
- This paladin selected the defense style at level 2, giving +1 on armor class while wearing armor.
- The DC to resist your spells is 8 + proficiency bonus + your charisma modifier.
- Divine sense — use an action to detect holy / unholy things within 60 feet and not behind a complete barrier
- Lay on hands — pool of hit points equal to 5 x paladin level, to restore hp, cure disease or neutralize poison
- Level 2: Divine smite. Expend a spell slot to do extra radiant / necrotic damage after hitting.
- Level 2: Fighting style
- Level 3: Immune to disease
- Level 3: Oath spells and channel divinity
- Level 5: Extra attack each round if an attack was made this round
- Level 6: Aura of protection. While you are conscious, you and all friendly creatures within ten feet get your charisma bonus (minimum 1) on saving throws
- Level 10: Aura of courage. While you are conscious, you and all friendly creatures within ten feet are immune to fear.
- Level 11: Improved divine smite. All weapon strikes get an extra 1d8 radiant / necrotic damage.
- Level 14: Cleansing touch removes hostile magical effects on you or a friend. Usable charisma-modifier (minimum 1) times per day.
Ancients Paladin (oath)
- Level 3: Channel divinity — natures wrath (spectral vines restrain, save str/dex till free), turn the faithless (fey, fiends).
- Level 7: Aura of Warding — you and friends within ten feet have resistance to spell damage
- Level 15: Undying Sentniel — if dropped to 0 hp, dropped to 1 hp instead. 1/day
- Level 18: Aura of Warding — you and friends within thirty feet have resistance to spell damage
- Level 20: Elder Champion — you become a force of nature for one minute. Regain 10 hp/turn, cast 1-action spells as bonus actions, enemies have disadvantage against spells and channel divinity options
Class HP rolled
Level 1: Paladin 10
Fargrim ’s Equipment:
89 lb Weapons / Armor / Shield (from above)
3 lb Holy water flasks x 3
1 lb Alms box
5 lb Backpack
3 lb Blanket, winter x 1
0 lb Candles x 5
1 lb Censer and incense
4 lb Rations (1 day) x 2
0 lb Signet ring
1 lb Tinderbox
5 lb Tome
3 lb Vestments
5 lb Waterskins x 1
9 lb Brewer supplies
1 lb Holy symbol (silver)
Total not including armor
Fargrim ’s Personality Traits: No one could doubt by looking at my regal bearing that I am a cut above the unwashed masses
Fargrim ’s Ideal(s): Respect is due to me because of my position but all people regardless of station deserve to be treated with dignity
Fargrim ’s Bond(s): The common folk must see me as a hero of the people
Fargrim ’s Flaw(s): I secretly believe that everyone is beneath me
More about Fargrim :
Follower of Gond (the great cog)
On his deathbed, your father confessed that he had become involved with a group called the Cult of the Dragon. They paid him to smuggle goods across the Sword Coast. Wracked
by guilt, he begged you to investigate the cult and undo the evil he may have helped foster. He urged you to begin your search in a town called Greenest.